King’s Bruton is a boarding and day school, which places a very high value on a genuinely holistic education in which every individual pupil is given an opportunity to flourish and develop.
The School constantly strives to set standards that are well beyond what might normally be expected. The five main aims of the strategic development plan are:
- To develop further the School’s warm and supportive boarding community, and to provide a comprehensive all round education in which pupils of all ages are valued as individuals.
- To enhance the School’s strong Christian ethos, and to continue to encourage and support pupils in their spiritual growth and faith.
- To continue to raise the academic expectations of all pupils at GCSE, BTEC, AS and A level, and in terms of their higher education/career aspirations within a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To ensure that, within the School’s resources, access to a King’s education and facilities are as open as possible to the wider community.
- To aim for excellence in the fields of sport and the performing arts.